Thursday, April 06, 2006

beginning of winter

I had this great post planned out.

I was going to give you a walking tour of my neighbourhood.

I had it planned out so well. I waited till just the right time of the afternoon. I put on my coat and scarf and the fingerless mittens. Put Felix on his leash. I had visions in my head of a series of snapshots, detailing the route. Each one would have the dog walking ahead on his leash in the foreground; perhaps a tiny corner of my hand, a la Wolfenstein. Perhaps in a couple, even my toe as I took a step. But the focus would be the scenery, which would change.

It was all going to be very artistic.

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

It wasn't.

I'm not a photographer.

But I still wanted to show you properly where I live. And more importantly, why the landscape has been a comfort to me the last couple of days. When the mist has suddenly appeared, curling over itself in the sudden beginnings of Winter. That first green chill; its fallen chestnuts.

Because it's just so beautiful.


And it's hard to stay depressed when you see that every day.

And you know, the bizarre thing is, I'm not sure I would've even noticed this if I hadn't been feeling so damn rotten. I don't usually pay that much attention. Not like this.

In fact, I can picture it: This time last year, I probably would have rushed inside after work, switched on America's Next Top Model, made a quick pasta from a jar, and done some marking for another few hours.



Before all this, I would've been blind to anything as quiet as the seasons' change.

Blind to anything slower than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home