Saturday, April 08, 2006

modern moist towelette collecting

What is the strangest thing you ever heard of someone collecting?

I bet it's not as weird as this.

My brother (yes, the one with mental health issues) collects moist towelettes.

I believe it started by accident. A few Kentucky Fried Chicken towelettes in the glove compartment, a small stash in the top drawer. For emergencies. Harmless enough, right?

But it soon got out of control.

For me, that is.

Oh, I hide behind the fact that it's his collection. I laugh along like the best of them; claim I'm merely showing an interest.

But I am the one who found the website.

I am the one who has been in email contact with the "editor" of Modern Moist Towelette Collecting (in fact, he emailed me an mp3 of his most recent track, Baby, you're like a moist towellette.)

I bought the glass container that displays the vibrancy of my brother's collection in its full glory.

And no one ever thinks it's as funny as I do.

So now you know:

My name is Meg, and I'm a moist towelette-aholic.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Too funny!

This topic actually came up at dinner last night. (My husband used to sell "collectibles" of a more traditional sort.)

The oddest collection I know of is a radio host who collects airline "sick" bags.

So Moist Towelettes sound rather civil in comparison!

Thanks for your comment on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home