Monday, April 10, 2006

all relative

Petrol Station, 7am this morning.


Despite the failure of my earlier attempts at photography, I have decided I am going to be like New York Hack and take a photograph a day.

After all, I thought, it's all relative.

You never know what other people will be interested in.

Because I know I've often been intrigued by images people have put online. And not just the ones taken by professionals. Sometimes the most interesting photographs are the candid ones; the corners of couches, the backs of heads. Nothing spectacular, but the suggestion of other things:

That texture of someone elses' life.

2 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Barry Ingram said...

I've always liked the understated photographs the best. I can't take pictures worth a darn, so I just look at other people's.

Is Felix a border collie? I have a border collie/australian shepherd/collie mix, Ghost, that is a treasure. He looks like a great dog, too.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Kolchak - felix LOOKS like a border collie, but secretly he is an inbred mutt. Look, I love my dog, but he is a bad egg. I have no doubt that more stories will follow in future. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home