Wednesday, May 03, 2006

ten things i hate

(Otherwise entitled "List-making: An easy solution to afternoon crabbiness")
(Otherwise entitled "How to alienate readers")

By Meg

1. When two or more attention-seeking, drunken girls kiss each other on reality TV shows like the vile, disgusting Big Brother 06. This seriously pisses me off. Since when does being a real lesbian have anything at all to do with mens' fantasies?

2. Grown women who collect teddies. Worse still, grown women with bumper stickers that say "When all else fails, hug your teddy." What is with this??

3. Australian patriotism in all its forms, especially if it looks like this (and including anyone who uses the words battler, larrikin or mateship).

4. Tourist who drive down the mountain at 40 kms an hour, eye-balling our houses with a string of traffic behind them.

5. High heel shoes with ankle straps. Not only skanky and Mariah Carey-ish, but unflattering too.

6. Abrasively loud and zany Morning Show radio DJs. I just can't handle it that early in the morning; it's offensive.

7. Impulse body sprays (*shudder*). Traumatic memories of being trapped, suffocating, in the Phys Ed. change rooms in early high school.

8. MSN abbreviations outside of MSN (or even inside it to be honest). Do you know how many kids are so used to writing the letter "u" instead of the word "you" that they even submit their English assignments like that? It's shameful. Honestly, some of these abbreviations are so bizarre they aren't even legible.

9. Jessica Simpson.

10. People who leave the dishwater to go cold in the sink. There is nothing worse than putting your hand into cold, soapy, scummy water to pull out a plug. Someone in my office has been doing this the last week or two. I am considering leaving a mean note.

6 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Oh no, maybe I should change the title of the post!! It's not rabid hatred, Nina, just mild annoyance!! Really truly.

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he! I've just had an "I hate everything" tantrum at my poor family. Then I get on here and I feel I'm not alone!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Lol! (<-- did that piss you off?)

Anyway, the dishwater. I'm glad I'm not the only person who gets grossed out by that. Actually there were a few things on your list that we have in common. :)

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

But the dishes are so much easier to wash with that cold, slimy water!!

Guilty as charged :)

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent list (though I admit the Australia-specific things made little sense to me). With the Teddy thing, I would like to add: People who have a row of stuffed animals in the back window of their car. I mean *really*.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger soralis said...

I am so with you on the mountain thing! Impulse body spray... yuck, we have that stuff in Canada too!

Can we add to Jessica Simpson? How about Brittney Spears and Tom cruise!!

Cold dishwater, yuck, my husband likes to do that. He will even wash dishes in it too, gross!

Take care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home