Thursday, April 27, 2006

weird things

The collage in the inner child room


Sarah! Beagle! I don’t think I know six more bloggers that haven’t been tagged yet!

But here you go. I will do this part.

*SIGH*

Weird Things.
By Meg.

1. I am a trichotillomaniac. What that means is I pull my hair out. Yep. I literally give myself bald patches. Apparently it’s a mild form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. This started when I was about 16 and I made the very angsty attention-seeking gesture of shaving my head. As it grew back, I started pulling out any uneven strands I could find, and it just never stopped. When I get stressed, I have to get my hair cut specifically to hide the missing clumps.

2. I tried to learn the guitar for eight months last year because of long-standing ambitions to be a country rock singer a la Casey Chambers. It didn’t get real far though. I stopped as soon as we got to bar chords; my hands just weren't strong enough.

3. I got arrested a few weeks ago, for drink driving. I got pulled over by the police, and blew double the legal limit after only one drink (really) so they put me in a divvy van and took me to the station, where I was interviewed in a holding cell. When they tested me again half an hour later, the machine said there was zero alcohol in my system. The police told me the original number was just because of mouth alcohol. It was all very traumatic.

4. I watch the fifteen-year-old Australian mini-series Brides of Christ nearly every school holidays, and I'm not even a catholic.

5. I used to work at a Home (not like a "can't wait to get home" home, but a "crazy people live here" home), and one of the residents - a schizophrenic - developed a delusion that he was married to me. He followed me around for months, staring, and one day he even asked me to give him a blow job. It was kinda scary and gross.

6. I have had the first verse of Barbara Streisand's Memories in my head off and on for two and half years: Memories / Like the corners of my mind / Misty water-colour memories / Of the way we were.

7 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I just found your blog and it is lurvely. Fabulous design as well.
By the way, I love your idea of an Inner Child room.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Damn...now that song is in my head too! Thanks for playing along, it is great to learn a bit about you.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger soralis said...

Wow that must have been scarry, the schizophrenic.

Thanks now I have that darn song in my head too.

Take care

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger beagle said...

Glad you played!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Is that the one with the wild, dark-haired one, and the good blond one but it's the blonde who ends up leaving the convent? I've only seen it once but I LOVED it!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Thalia - yep it is. I love it too. :)

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Saru-San said...

Obviously the schizoid was faking it, because if he really had believed that he was married to you, he'd have known a blow job wasn't going to happen.

Anyway, that's what all the married folk I know tell me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home