Monday, May 01, 2006

Professor Willy #3

In the waiting room



Today at appointment #3 I think Professor Willy tried to make a joke.

He must be warming to us.

Professor Willy: So how many embryos have you decided to transfer?
Me: Oh, we decided no more than one.
Professor Willy: Well, it wouldn't be less than one, would it?

And then he looked at me for a laugh.

Unfortunately I hadn't realised he was joking.

He's that type.

Our GP says Professor Willy's a genius - but I'm left to imply that this means he is cold and aloof and will not make even the most rudimentary attempts to be reassuring. I know he does not respond well to pushy internet-educated women who take up his time by asking what a high-powered field is when he could be off making important research discoveries.

But as long as he makes us a baby, right?

It's just that he seems to be taking his time about it. There is simply very little news. My tests came back ok. My husband - although he does not have testicular cancer according to his ultrasound (phew) - still has very little sperm. We still don't entirely know why. And Professor Willy assures us that we will probably never really know.

Blah.

We knew that.

I can't believe how long it's taking just to get started. We have spent thousands of dollars in medical bills already, and nothing has even happened. Its just been tests, tests and more tests.

But I have to say, I did get my prescription for the Pill today, for a possible July cycle.

And I still can't quite get over it:

That's some weird kind of progress.

4 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Everything fertility-treatment related takes ages and it is so frustrating.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Waiting to get started is so hard isn't it? We waited for almost 6 months and there were times that I thought that I was going to lose it. July isn't too far away. Good luck with everything!! Hugs!

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Very frustrating! I've been bothered lately by the whole issue of waiting and I wish that I could take that sage advice to live each day like it...blah blah blah!

But I can't because I am impatient and want things to start happening NOW! At least there is a plan in place and you will have something to look forward to. For me, not knowing when things are going to happen is the worst. Take care!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger soralis said...

Waiting is not any fun at all, but it sounds like you are on your way!

Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home