Tuesday, April 11, 2006

hard wishes for tristan

from the mountain


My Dearest Tristan,

I checked in this morning, wishing so hard - God, so, so hard - to see those little green men for you.

And then, when I saw them, I found myself crying. I was blurry with the large font, the red type bouncing across the screen.

Because I don't know how to tell you: I am so happy for you.

I have wished this for you. You have persevered so long. You have endured so many heartbreaks. And all that time, you cheered for us all, made us bright emoticons, even there inside your own disappointment.

When the doctor told me our numbers on that first weekend, you were there. Just seventeen hours behind, you said. But you were so far ahead.

You told me what to do; you told me what would happen. You gave me certainty, gave me facts. Here, Meg: there will be this, then this, then this. Here is what you need to do.

I functioned from your clear advice.

So I wanted to thank you, today. Now. On this day that you will remember. Today I send kisses to you, to F., and to your embryo twins.

Hard wishes across the Pacific.

xxx

1 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Meg, this made me cry. It really helps to know that my little embies and I have so many people pulling for us. Although I wish this had never happened to you, I'm glad I was there to help when you received your news. We will make it through this!
Love, Tristan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home