Friday, April 21, 2006

those who can't do, teach?

Notebook Art - meetings are BORING!!



It happens around once a year at around this time.

Summer ends. It gets windy. A tree falls on the phone lines. Meg is without a phone for a number of days.

Uh-oh. No dial-up.

Turns out there's a downside to living in a forest.

There hasn't been a great deal happening though, I must say. I had parent/teacher night (Reminding me, yet again, that I will never delude myself about my own child's academic potential.) Felix appeared with mysterious injuries to his paw. I watched a crime show for the first time in months.

The end?

Um.

Yes.

To be honest, It was pretty sad to observe myself trying to function without internet access.

I mean, I knew I was addictive - I smoked at least thirty cigarettes a day until about two months ago (Go me for quitting! Rah!) - but I didn't know I was addictive about this.

I had no idea.

Look. Really. Here is how badly I wanted to sit down and blog my life away: I even considered designing a unit of classwork based around Blogger so I could ask the tech-boys at school to unblock the site without looking suspicious.

Pathetic? Maybe.

But then, I'm writing again, aren't I?

And once, in my young person's naivety, I considered that a writer was what I was going to be.

Remember that expression?

Going. To. Be.

With two Year 12 English classes, I still hear it a lot.

Unfortunately.




Thursday's image: Felix the accident-prone strikes again

3 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger soralis said...

Dial-up yessh you poor girl. I can't survive without my High Speed! :) No dial-up even worse! How did you survive? :)

Take care

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Meg, I know the feeling. This blogging stuff is indeed addictive. And every time I'm without Internet access -- like last week -- I feel it acutely.

I loved your post about the "Why do you want children?" question. So true. And as for nature being more palatable in the abstract, I'm with you there, too...

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger beagle said...

The poor pup!

You are right . . . blogging is an addiction.

Glad you're back online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home