Thursday, April 13, 2006

twisted logic

At the hairdressers



So I went to have my hair cut today.

My hairdresser is twelve weeks pregnant.

No, I don't mind. Really, it wasn't too bad an introduction to the delights of Pregnacy News for the Infertile; that delightful category I have too recently come to place myself in.

I didn't have to smile, bare-toothed, and barely restraining my malice while she told me how terrible the morning sickness was.

Because she worked bloody hard for this pregnancy. Three years worth of hard work, in fact. And several months of hormones. In fact, she told me she felt bad about telling me, cause I know how you feel, love.

And that made it ok. Like in some part of my twisted brain - for some reason - her suffering means she deserves it.

Which obviously follows that those who get pregnant naturally and quickly do not deserve it.

Which means that natural pregnacies are less valuable.

Ahem.

Well.

Something here is not right.

Monitor me, friends:

I think I am about two weeks away from bitter and twisted.


4 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...wait. You're saying the whole "bitter and twisted" thing is *bad*?
Oops.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Lut C. said...

She deserves to talk about it.
The ones that get PG without any trouble should be seen and not heard. ;-) And only seen on good days for that matter.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

I was just talking about this with a friend of mine. We don't mind when people who've had to work for it get pregnant. It's the "I just have to roll in the wet spot. tee hee." people that put us over the edge.

Guess I'm alread at "bitter and twisted". :)

Thank god we have each other to vent to.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Oh no, SPAM!!! I better emable the funny letter thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home