Sunday, May 07, 2006

gone (drunken post #1)

Dear K.

Re: this.

I cried all the way home this afternoon, grieving our friendship.

Did you blow it off, every time I called? Did you say to yourself: Next week we'll catch up - Meg won't care? She knows how busy I am right now.

You were wrong. I didn't know.

Every time you broke plans with me and I told myself you were just tied up in your own world, what I was really thinking was: If she calls, she cares.

Yet you showed me, again and again, that you didn't.

Where were you when I needed you? Because I made plans with you, over and over and you just kept on saying: Meg, I am just really tired/busy/hung over tonight, and for some reason I was meant to accept that when the fact of the matter was:

I needed you, fuck K, I really needed you.

But you could not even find the time to be there. And everything, everything else in your life, was more important than me, even when I tried to make it right again.

And you know what?

It breaks my heart, but I'm not sure I can find a way to forgive that.

Love Meg x

3 Comments:

At 1:44 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

It's hard to forgive and it's hard to actually just forget it and move past it.

I'm sorry for the loss of what was obviously an important friendship. It can kinda feel like a breakup can't it?

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger soralis said...

I had a friend like that. It sucks. Wish you the best.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am sorry about you and your friend. That must be so hard to cope with on top of everything else. You are in my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home