Wednesday, June 21, 2006

plans

Well, we finally had our appointment with the nurse this afternoon. And while it is a huge and very exciting step, I fear it's not going to make for particularly interesting reading.

They did give us the O*vidrel trigger shot in a brand new six-pack cooler, though (Gotta love the ol' Linkistration), boldly emblazoned with this logo.

That was novel.

And I must say, it's nice to know we definitely get something lasting and tangible for our $3190.

So, in layman's terms -- there is laymen reading this, believe it or not (please skip the info if you are not a layman; I have no desire to bore) -- the process should look something like this:

Should, I said.

Should.
  • June 16th - Start the pill (M*icrogynon 30 ED)
  • July 2nd - Start S*ynarel nasal spray twice daily (decreases the amount of oestrogen produced by the ovaries providing a more controlled situation for ovarian stimulation and production of eggs.)
  • July 7th - Blood Test (To check that I am fully suppressed)
  • July 13th - Start G*onal F subcutaneous injections once a day (This acts directly on the ovaries to promote the growth of more than one follicle / egg)
  • July 21st - Ultrasound to check groth of follicles and uterine lining
  • July 22nd - Trigger Shot (to release eggs from follicles for ease of vacuuming)
  • July 24th - Egg Collection operation / Fun with Fabio
  • July 25th - Microinjection of sperm into eggs
  • July 29th - Embryo Transfer (5 day transfer - just one for now). Begin C*rinone progesterone gel (Progesterone helps to support the uterus for pregnancy)
  • August 14th - Pregnancy Test

So there you go.

It's all about to happen.

Yay.

I think.

18 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Fertile Soul said...

Good luck with this cycle! I'm supposed to be starting a cycle two weeks after you start ... but first i'm waiting for a final go ahead from the doctor.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it's yay! I love it when a plan comes together....
All being well we may be cycle buddies, just waiting to ovulate and hopefully start stims in a few weeks (doing a flare) so the timing should be kind of close!
Yay Meg!! :-)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

I can totally relate to the "I think" part. I was totally overwhelmed when I got my meds for my IVF cycle. But then again I didn't get a neat little cooler like you did. *Frowns*

It seems so trite to say "good luck on this cycle" so I'm not going to say it. Know that I am hoping for the very very best outcome for you!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger LiL Moo & Mee said...

Wooo Hooo, glad to see things are moving along. Good luck with the shiternal lol.
I have to say hubby liked out bag when we first used it, now he uses it to keep his computer cd's in it lol.
Good luck Megs xx

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

YAY ! and what a great plan it is !

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Ooh, gosh - does it seem like things are really moving now? Hope it goes super-smooth.

Bea

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Meg, thanks for visiting my blog! Best of luck with your IVF cycle. Score on the free cooler. : )

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Melina said...

fingers crossed...

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

So exciting that you finally got your calendar!! It looks like I will be stimming a week behind you. I haven't gotten my calendar yet, but I think that is the plan. I hope that everything goes smoothly with this cycle. Hugs!

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I really hope the cycle goes well (and quickly) for you.

It's definitely overwhelming seeing all of the drugs at one time, but you'll get used to it. The needles are really not all that bad, especially if you can get your husband to do the injections!

I can relate to the Yay for moving forward. I know I finally felt like I was doing something, and not just waiting all the time.

Will be hoping the best for you!

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Makes my heart skip a beat. It's all very exciting.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Inglewood said...

Good luck, hoping the best for you.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger projgen said...

Way cool cooler! Gee, and all for only $3000-ish. Such a deal. I hope this stylish souvenir bodes well for your cycle!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger ellie said...

You are just 2 weeks behind me! That is so exciting! I wish you luck on this one! I also wanted to know that I liked your post on tuesday the 20th as well.

At least you got a book that your mum walked you through. I don't think my mom ever mentioned anything- kind of a shocker when I got my period! They had mentioned I might get it in the future in a 3rd grade presentation with just the girls- but who remembers that stuff 3 years later?

The drugs are alittle overwhelming when you first start- but I think it is easier to keep track of when to administer them than it was to keep track of where I was in my cycle without them. At least we don't have to keep track of when we ovulate for a change :)

-ellie

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger katty said...

well i'm be five days ahead of you...
so good luck to us both!
and thanks for the information re icsi...
k.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger beagle said...

Yay indeed. Don't let the jaded old bats like me squash that enthusiasm!

Wishing you a huge dose of beginner's luck. May IVF#1 be the only one you need!

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger x said...

It's so nice to get your protocol and know what is going on. We really will be cycle sisters, I think my FET transfer will be just a day or two ahead of yours. I went to the new site and it came up that it couldn't display. I'll try again from home.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger noela said...

Meg,

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

I just looked at your schedule, and I realized that if I get to start my FET cycle as planned, we will be transferring at almost exactly the same time.

Assuming there is nothing untoward revealed in my recent ultrasound, then I am meant to be on track for an embryo transfer at the end of July/beginning of August.

I wish you much good luck in your cycle, and hope all goes according to plan! I think we all know how much can happen, but I hope it goes as smoothly as possible for you. Look forward to hearing more updates from you.

VanillaDreams from Typepad: http://vanilladreams.typepad.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home