Thursday, June 08, 2006

project

I have finally finished my reports. Thank. Bloody. God.

The problem with teaching is that the workload is never even. You go crazy trying to finish everything off on time, then all at once you face the holidays, and the whole issue of unwinding.

Suddenly you have all this time. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Still, I always need a project when the holidays come. Otherwise I fall into a giant sleep-till-twelve rut that makes it really really hard to get out of bed at any other time, even when school goes back.

Oh, and T. gets shitty with me, too. (He's a morning person. He pretends its just to compensate for my pure slothful laziness, but that's just a big lie.) And then I get annoyed back because I get up at 6am all term and I should be able to sleep in when I get the chance, and...

I'll stop there. You get the gist.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I need a project.

A big craft project. At least one. Probably more.

I have nearly finished the giant winter scarf I've been working on (on the bus). I have a few unfinished quilting projects that I have no desire to pick up (Say what? I should actually use the huge pile of cheap printed fabric sitting in the hallway?) And although I still have the materials from before, I feel that starting those baby projects would be a little too optimistic right now, if not downright insane.

So I need some help.

I can do a lot of different things, though not particularly well: sew, crochet, knit, mosaic, print, collage, bead, quilt etc:

Anyone have any suggestions for projects? Favourite sites? Anything?

Come on. Help out an indecisive Libran.

Eh?

7 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Bea said...

I have a few projects you could do... Oh, wait. Did you say you were willing to travel?

Seriously - how good are you at interior decorating? Via the web? I have a digital camera...

Bea

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

Umm... how about ?...naah
or
Umm... how about ..ummm

Hehehe another indecisive Libran here.

My mum has made these great tote bags. From bits of fabric, florals etc anything really but then she added beading to the designs in the fabric and they look great .She has been making them for my nieces and they love them. I have put in my request for one once she is feeling better. You could incorporate many of your skills here..Just an idea.

have fun with what ever you do.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger katty said...

Meg, Thanks so much for dropping by. Really appreciate it! K

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Cass said...

http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com

(or something like that, anyway)

Otherwise, you could always borrow my pattern for a sleeping bag in the shape of a TARDIS (joking).

I suggest something to do with silk screening or potato stamps. On fabric. Then you can make bags out of it.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

As a fellow Libran, I would recommend scrapbooking. I am not by any means hard core like the people who go to 'scrapping' bonanza conferences, but I find it a worthwhile project that keeps me busy and makes me feel productive because I am actually doing something to get all those photos that I take organized.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Inglewood said...

My suggestion would be quilting, I may be a bit biased though. Make a scrappy nine-patch.

Take those fabrics, make a 9”x9” nine-patch, get a unifying/coordinating fabric, (sage green, dark purple, gold or black usually work) for a sashing 3”, use a zinger for the corner stones and you will get a quilt that you can use anywhere. Go for a picnic, lazy days on the couch, it won’t matter it is a washable, love to threads type quilt.

Thanks for visiting,
Inglewood

 

Post a Comment

<< Home