Wednesday, May 24, 2006

amusement

I'm not sure about the moral/legal implications of what I'm about to do (especially given the reasons why this was submitted), but this amused me so much that I just had to share it with you all.

I just couldn't resist.

Remember the plagiarised poetry incident a week or two ago?

Here is one of the pieces I received back:

Plagiarism.
A crime that one cannot afford to commit.
Here I am in my cell
pounding helplessly on the solid mortar for the sake of solace.
Being jailed is a time to regain composure and sustain mental sanity.

A beacon of light
The brightness and intensity of the blazing sun.
Abruptly, a wise teacher appeared from the centre of the brilliance,
reminding me once again
of the spiteful consequences of stealing.

How could I have been so dim-witted to engrave a piece of work
and call it my own?
I must attempt to forget my criminal history and edge myself back into the real world.

As hard as I try, I cannot erase the immoral images of the cold dark prison cell,
clothed in black and white stripes
surviving on stale bread and cheese.
How can one endure life when an undying guilt is forever carved into their skin?

The consequences of plagiarism
I will remember for eternity.

4 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Cass said...

Bad poetry? Oh noetry!
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/022005/bad-poetry.gif

Do you think they're truly contritious, or just a big suck-up?

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger StellaNova said...

Clever ... yes, but remorseful ... not sure?

What year group?

I'm off to my middle school class now - we are reasearching and writing a feature article on an ancient Chinese identity (integrating History and English). Yay!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Stella - this was year 9. Pretty schmaltzy remorse hey? But funny.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Meg said...

I love it. That would have been just the smart-ass response I'd have handed in- if I'd ever been dumb enough to think I could get away with plagarism.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home