Thursday, May 25, 2006

update post

Today it occurred to me the number of things I've half-mentioned over the last few weeks, and I felt compelled to provide a quick update.

So here you go, patient readers. An update.

* In the end, I got my own way on the staffroom drama. Just shows you that there's nothing like a car accident to convince your superiors that you've been going crazy. Bad part of this is... uh... they know you've been going crazy. This is a real bummer. I like to be as composed as possible in my real life (A depressingly British trait - no offence anyone - that seems to be my genetic legacy), and it freaks me out to have spilled all over the place in public.

*On this front, many of my students saw my hysterical you-killed-my-baby abuse of the other drivers through the bus window the other day: Oh, Miss! You went CRAZY! They were lucky you didn't have any golf clubs! said one of my year 7 students. (*SIGH*)

*I have almost been enjoying the bus rides. No, actually I have been enjoying the bus rides. The morning bus anyway, when everything is dark and cold and silent, and the mist curls itself along the road. I have been downloading ABC Radio documentaries (Our national Broadcaster, for my international friends) and actually making use of my iPod.

*Our savings seem to have gone to shit, but we did get a $12,500 credit card. (I can't quite believe it myself; banks are so irresponsible!)

*We have finally (I think) finished all the thousands of tests that are legally required before we can start the cycle. Our next appointment with Dr Willy is on Tuesday and he will activate us then (sounds a little menacing, doesn't it?) I will start on the pill at the start of my next period.

*We went to the Nurses' Seminar on Tuesday, where many couples walked in awkwardly, avoided eye contact with one another, and fumbled with Gonal F pens. I was amazed how little everyone seemed to know about how the whole thing works. Not that I'm yet an expert or anything. But still, you gotta google.

*And know what else? It finally feels real. I'm pumped.

13 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger StellaNova said...

Looks like I'll be starting my next cycle at around the same time. Of course that's all completely dependant on when the next period begins ... but hopefully soon.

I'm glad you sorted out the office situation. I've been trying for 2 years and I still am no closer to what I want (sounds a bit like TTC really!). 3 stories and the only person in my building - lucky I've got a great view of the ocean (really).

Good luck for Tuesday.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Sounds like good progress. Looking forward to following it.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Sunny Jenny said...

Can I quote you! "you gotta google"!! No plagiarism I promise! That's great!

Good news on being "activated" --:P

Welcome to the roller coaster ride of IVF!

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Great news on the start of your cycle! Welcome to the club and I hope that your membership is short-lived!

Good luck!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger x said...

You should feel pumped, getting started is the best part. I bet you looked like a pro in that seminar!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger soralis said...

I hope you have an easy ride, not too many bumps in the road.

Take care and good luck!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Lut C. said...

You mean your stiff upper lip faltered? If I can believe what I see on the BBC the stiff upper lip is faltering all over the country. Visiting English hordes instill fear in the hearts of all who behold them. Just ask the locals of Ibiza. :-)

Breaking down in public isn't fun. But it doesn't happen to you very often, I bet.

Ready to roll! That's great. :-)

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo roll on Tuesday, soon oh so soon you will be assimilated, sorry sci-fi night here tonight.

very happy for you that you get to start, it's an exciting time just put the golf clubs away :o)

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger projgen said...

Omigosh, you DID scream at them about killing your baby! lol!

I was amazed at the number of people cycling who know nothing about what it is they are putting their bodies through. ya gotta google, indeed.

Good luck with the activation!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger beagle said...

I hope you never get as jaded as I have.

May you fall into the beginner's luck category of IVF!

Glad you're pumped, you'll need the adrenaline.

Good Luck Meg!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Wonder if this will make it any easier to keep those youngsters in line?

Bea

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Getting started is so exciting isn't it? I hope that you are one of the lucky ones who are successful on your first cycle. Good luck!

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, Meg! I'm so happy that you're doing this! You are going to be a mommy in no time! :-)

*HUGS*

-Kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home