Friday, June 23, 2006

why the internet sucks

Once there was girl named Meg, who spent many many hours setting up a new website. She fiddled; she fussed; she was proud.

And then she registered her domain name.

But then something went wrong. The registrar wasn't answering her questions! Instead, they were sending useless FAQs back towards her, and not making the changes she asked. It was all very suspicious.

Finally, after almost a week of literally tearing her hair out, Meg got the new site working. She posted on the old site, redirecting them to this site:

www.journeytothecetnre.com

Go on. Click on it.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Doesn't look much like my blog, does it?

It, appears, friends, that I've been had.

(dodgy fucks)

*
*

New site will be up and running soon -- not at that url obviously.

At least I hope so.

9 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

What's with that ? I have seen them do that before ? How can they do that ?
That's not on !

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

ps. I am looking forward to seeing your new home.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger DD said...

Maybe it's that crazy spelling of "centre" you Aussies have. Is the domain available if you spelled it the way us dumb yanks do, "center"?

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Bastards!!!!

I'm in the middle of setting up a wordpress site so I understand all the tweaking that you probably did and now you must be fuming!!!!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Yup, so that's where I got sent to when I clicked on your tag in your comment on my blog. Boy I was really confused! Glad to see you are figuring it all out, I know I wouldn't be able to.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger projgen said...

There once was a blogreader named Projgen who clicked on the link given by blogmeister Meg. She was confused; she scratched her head; she wondered why she had been sent to a "sell you" site.

And then all was made clear.

And now she is looking forward to visiting the new site, the way it should be.

(Good luck, Meg!)

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Boo! Boo! Rotten crooked registrars.
Can you report them somewhere?

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger S said...

Um.....ewww....fuckheads.

Can't wait to see the new digs, though!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger beagle said...

How rude of them!

I had clicked on it before and wondered what was up but figured it was "just me" or maybe I was seeing things.

Good Luck with the relaunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home