Friday, May 19, 2006

crappest year ever

It's official.

I am having the crappest year ever.

This year - 2006 - will be forever etched in my memory as the year that sucked absolute arse.

The drama is just so never-ending that I almost have to laugh.

Seriously.

So. Workplace restructures. A joy, aren't they? Especially when you get caught right in the middle of them when you're just about to start IVF treatment (which the bosses know), and find yourself moved into a new office where you don't know anyone at all, ostracised entirely from your existing support network (who are all going to be into a different new office, without you.)

And this is happening in less than a week. I was informed yesterday that I would be on my own.

It might sound trivial. But we are a close little bunch in my office, we are. We have a soup club, a sandwich club, a milk club. My colleagues are pretty much the only reason I have been able to function at work throughout this crappest of years. I don't know how I would have coped with things if they weren't around me every day. I am blessed having these people around me.

Was blessed.

I have spent the last two days having temper tantrums about it. I am fucking pissed off. I have had screaming tearful arguments with my superiors. I have badmouthed the school's administration to everyone I can think of. Half the staff in the school are incensed on my behalf.

Because you just can't treat your staff like that.

They know I need my people right now.

They just don't care.

7 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Bea said...

I'm going to have to say the same thing to you as I just said to Vee.

To wit:

Sometimes it just seems like there's always one more *thing* going wrong.

Bea

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Meg, I'm so sorry about all the burdens of this year -- the weight of this month alone must be staggering. The story of your student is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry I've been so absent from here, particularly at such a very rough time. I hope things look up for you very, very soon, and I hope your new work arrangement can be shifted somehow. You need all the support you can get right now.

By the way, I feel really awkward about saying this, but is there any way you can make your font stand out more against the background? I find your posts very hard to make out. That's probably my eyestrain talking, but maybe other people are having this trouble? Please forgive me if this sounds obnoxious...

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Hey Kath. Not obnoxious at all!!Are you using Safari on a mac as your browser? I know there is a few issues with crappy old Blogger on macs as my husband is a mac-man and he says the same thing - not enough contrast. The colours come out quite different in Explorer. I just asked him, and he says "from memory" (*SIGH*)it is ok if he uses Firefox. Is anyone else having this problem? Let me know - I will change the background (meant to be dark green) or the font colour(meant to be white)in my template. Cheers :)

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

That bites. It just goes to show that you can give all you've got to the people you work for but they'll rarely do it in return.

 
At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Of all the times for this to happen. Why do bad things always seem to happen in hateful clumps?

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger x said...

You are right about needing support at work. I switched jobs pre-IVF and regret it. I need my old support network back. Life sucks sometimes.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

It is so hard to do anything without support at work, not to mention go through this junk!

So sorry that things are so glum right now for you. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home